Dear Customers, upon the careful assessment of risks associated with the COVID-19 pandemic, we have introduced new safety measures to ensure your protection. We have thoroughly considered several direct and indirect risks that come with the virus and have provided examples along with solutions.
- The stress as a result of COVID-19
- How workers and customers can be harmed.
- How workers and customers can potentially be exposed to the virus. For example, through the direct contact with infected people or contaminated surfaces.
- How the risk of infection can be rated during any work-related tasks.
- The selection of appropriate controls to protect workers and customers using a hierarchy of control.
Below are methods we will take to ensure your safety.
- Clean all areas of contact with antibacterial wipe. For example: the door handles (inside and out); the steering wheel and the gear stick before and after your shift
- Wash your hands frequently or use anti-bacterial hand sanitiser.
- The driver side is to be separated from the back of the vehicle with a plastic barrier. Make sure this is wiped frequently to prevent the possible spread of the virus from passenger to passenger.
- Do not allow any passenger to sit next to you.
- Try to keep payments contact free.
- Always clean received money. Cleaned money should stay separate to uncleaned money to avoid contamination. This is to be done with either anti-bacterial wipes or spray.
- Steam clean the inside of the vehicle every week at the end of your rota.
- Do not take more than 6 passengers on a 9-seater vehicle and no more than 4 passengers on a 7-seater vehicle.
- Make sure the vehicle is well-ventilated to increase air flow, for example, by opening a window.
- Keep antibacterial hand sanitiser available for the customer use.
- Clean door handles in and out during the day with antibacterial wipes.